Job Title: Regional Sales Manager
Pay Range: Annual Base Salary and Commissions
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) will perform a wide variety of tasks including, but not limited to, working across IMS departments in a cooperative manner. RSM is responsible for managing and directing all consultative & other value-added technical sales activities in order to increase sales and implement strategic corporate directives within the specified geographical region.
The RSM will be responsible for working with IMS Inside Sales Administrators and managing assigned manufacturer rep organizations.
The RSM is assigned to achieve technical sales and operational objectives by cooperatively training, strategizing, supporting and facilitating their Rep’s technical sales activities; contributing sales information and recommendations to assist with establishing strategic plans and reviews: preparing and completing action plans which include due dates and economic objectives: implementing production, within productivity capacity and ensuring high quality customer service standards; resolving problems (commercial and technical); completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements and implementing changes that result in targeted double-digit revenue growth.
Work elements include:
- Train, motivate and retain manufacturer representative organizations within the assigned territories
- Establish and maintain annual sales budget for assigned territories
- Maintain effective communication with strategic accounts
- Management of Application or Engineering Orders for customer application studies
- Support Strategic Sales initiatives as directed
- Stay up to date on SMD technology trends to report to IMS management
- Identify high potential target account as well as “at risk” accounts to execute action plan
- Use IMS, ERP (MRP/MES/CRM) systems, with specific attention to those that provide sales tools.
- Work collectively with Sales Applications Engineer to ensure customer requirements are achieved as well as use SAE knowledge base in successfully closing and identifying (NBO’s) new business opportunities.
- Track and monitor customer sample request/quotes and maintain monthly reporting schedule.
- Maintain communication with management regarding account activity and sales strategy.
- Ability to travel 30 – 40 %.
- Comply with certification requirements and IMS policies.
- Complete all duties as assigned.
Experience Requirements: At least 5 years’ experience in Technical Sales (Closing sales to Design Engineers via a direct, consultative sales cycle).
Additional General Requirements:
Technical knowledge of electronics and passive components in particular preferred.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
BS or BA in Technical Sales or related field
Company standard benefits will be reviewed at the time of interview and include:
- Paid Vacation/Sick/Personal Time & Holidays
- Shared Costs for Group Medical Insurance plus HRA Benefit
- Commission Bonus Plan
If you would like to be considered for a postion at IMS please send your resume to HR@ims-resistors.com along with the completed Employee Application. Remember to specify a desired salary and leave no blanks.