Job Title: Account Manager
Job Type: Regular
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Pay Grade: $45,000-$55,000
Primary Responsibility: Account Managers are responsible to provide initial contact and maintenance of communications between IMS and customers including our representative sales network personnel. The goal of the Account Manager is to work with our reps and customers to effectively maintain existing sales and find ways to increase sales by identifying opportunities for new projects and new customers within the assigned Account Manager territory.
Work elements include:
- Creation and maintenance of customer forecasts
- Identification of research and development opportunities
- Analysis of territories for new markets/customers
- Representative sales support and management
- Accurate quoting and sales order entry as required
- Management of Application or Engineering Orders for customer application studies
- Outstanding customer service
- Supporting Strategic Sales initiatives as directed
- Focus on Key Account “Assigned by Regional Sales Manager”
- Stay up to date on SMD technology trends to report to IMS management
- Identify high potential target account as well as “at risk” accounts to execute action plan
- Use IMS, ERP (MRP/MES/CRM) systems, with specific attention to those that provide sales tools.
- Work collectively with Sales Applications Engineer to ensure customer requirement are achieved as well as use SAE knowledge base in successfully closing and identifying (NBO’s) new business opportunities.
- Track and monitor customer sample request/quotes and maintain monthly reporting schedule.
- Maintain communication with Regional Sales Manager regarding account activity and sales strategy.
- Ability to travel 30 – 40 %
- Comply with certification requirements and IMS policies.
- Complete all duties as assigned.
At least 5 years’ experience in Technical Sales (Closing sales to Design Engineers via a direct, consultative sales cycle).
Additional General Requirements:
Technical knowledge of electronics and passive components in particular. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
BSEE or equivalent
Company standard benefits will be reviewed at the time of interview and include:
- Paid Vacation
- Sick/Personal Time
- Shared Costs for Group Medical Insurance plus HRA benefit
- Commission Bonus Plan based on Territories Gross Margin Plus Territories Sales Growth